Saturday, January 13, 2018

A Saturday Update

Trying to wrap my hands around how to delineate Jim's deterioration over the last couple of months. He has fewer words yet some of the words he uses still are complex (e.g., compensate, credulity, etc.) even while he can't recall simpler words: bark, mirror, sofa, etc.

He will brook no contradiction or any hint that he is wrong or at fault. Living with severely flawed perfection is excruciating. Plus, you know, no affirmation for me. Yes, it matters, sad to say. 

Yes, whining. It helps and I cannot sound off to my fellow inmates in the Old Farts Home because they would take it amiss. Also, I am desperately hoping Jim still will be travel ready in September because I am putting together wildlife viewing (bears, orcas, birds) trip to British Columbia.

Saturday is my cook-at-home night. Hence "refrigerator" coq au vin: chicken thighs braised in red wine with onions, mushrooms, garlic, red bell pepper, potato, bacon. Plus, I get to drink the wine left over.

Anyway, onward

1 comment:

  1. Onward! Your congoing celebrations of life and Jim are wonderful to behold.

    ReplyDelete