Sunday, July 22, 2018

Resuscitation of this blog or mere reflexive gasp? Time will tell.

Jim is losing more and more vocabulary. We play a lot of guessing games. Difficult for me. He is walking and talking still and that is a good thing for it will not always be so. He needs help finding his clothes to dress but accomplishes actual dressing on his own. Needs to be reminded to eat but has a good appetite. He's forgotten he doesn't care for string beans and corn, now especially enjoys them.  Has taken against starches so avoids rice especially and potatoes often; pretty much eschews pasta. Oh, that this should happen to me!

Still traveling: Cabo last March; London, Edinburgh, Kirkwall, Norway, Faroe Islands, Iceland June/July. Coming up: week-long family reunion (chosen family) in August in wine country -- there will be 15 of us including five kids 12 and under.  

I sometimes feel overwhelmed but recover and carry on as best I may. Without love, this would be impossible. And, he loves me.


2 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Kat. Your mutual love shines through your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you show us what love is. I'm happy that you're still traveling because I know how much it makes you happy. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete