Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Catching Up

A week in Hawaii with the Brooklyn Team -- wonderful to reconnect with Karl and bliss out with his family. Jim was happy. Loved the beach, ocean, palms ... and room service!

Our Mr. Maggie is happy be home. He's such a good boy.

Once again, I am enduring a series of medical tests trying to figure out if the ticker is dicey. Takes up so much time and some of the tests are uncomfortable.

More travel next month, a week in Cabo at Las Ventanas al Paraiso. Poor Mr. Maggie will again repair to the cat spa. He may not love them but they love him. The resort is a fancy place with a sushi bar. I have had several communications with them indicating I have no intention of going to Mexico to eat sushi. We want ceviche (Mexican sushi?), enchiladas, tacos, grilled fish and beef, chiles relenos, guacamole, more guacamole, grilled shrimp, grilled lobster, oysters, papaya, mango, pineapple, pastilla de tres leches, flan, Mexican hot chocolate, agua fresca, y sangria, ron ponch y margaritas. 

I continue to struggle in the old farts home. The good news is they struggle with me as well. I've tried to explain to them that I am a forerunner of what they have in store when the bulk of the boomers start retiring in droves -- soon. We aren't the, um, old elders. We be the new elders who are difficult to lead around by the nose and we expect to participate actively in our governance. I AM the canary, take note, be forewarned.






Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment