Saturday, June 24, 2017

Escaping the Loony Bin (er, Old Farts Home)


Jim gradually is de-escalating the not-walking-alone stricture but we're not yet out of the woods on that score since it could recur at any moment. I am quite wrought out (wringed out?).

I am at a very low ebb. And we are to fly next Saturday to Maui for a holiday with our godless son and his family. I barely can bestir myself. But, it's Hawaii. Anything I fail to pack we can buy. At least I will be happy to be in tropical, beach environs and I think Jim will be glad once we get there. At this precise moment he is unthrilled.

2 comments:

  1. I just subscribed. Not sure why I previously did not notice that tiny subscription link at the bottom.

    Thinking of you as you start your trip to Hawaii. My dad used to have a saying (in jest), "I'm a flippin' saint." This, after 5 kids, so okay, I'm sure life had its challenges, but I think it more aptly applies to you (and Jim), though I know neither of you would assume that label. Hang in there, and thank you for posting your updates as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, dear heart, I remember your Dad, and he was terrific. Can't say how good it is to have comfort from those in my long-ago home.

    ReplyDelete